|FOSSLC is a non-profit organization that specializes in technology and know-how to record conferences with excellent quality. Click on the icons below to view great videos from communities we are actively involved with:|
Find out all you need to know about the new PL/Perl features in PostgreSQL 9.0
New features include:
* New utility functions: quote_literal, quote_nullable, quote_ident, encode_bytea, decode_bytea, looks_like_number, encode_array_literal, encode_array_constructor.
* The use and require commands can be used in plperl for modules that have already been loaded, like strict and warnings.
* The features module is pre-loaded for perl 5.10+.
* Better integration with tools like Devel::NYTProf.
* END blocks and object destructors are run at session end.
* Added plperl.on_init, plperl.on_plperl_init and plperl.on_plperlu_init GUCs for DBA use.
Your plperl functions can now use external Perl modules, if your DBA allows. I'll talk about the security implications of this.
I'll also demonstrate using Devel::NYTProf to performance profile your PL/Perl functions.